I love learning and sharing knowledge. I have learnt the most from my patients and I feel a responsibility to share the insights they have shared with me; but of course I have learnt an immense amount from my colleagues and teachers too, both physiotherapy and yoga. I also love to share my passion for yoga with other health professionals, and to share my understanding of health with other yoga teachers.
Yoga for Respiratory Physiotherapists Workshop
- Barts Health NHS Trust, London, 20th May 2017 (1 day)
A Practical Introduction to Hatha Yoga for Respiratory Physiotherapists with me and Sian Jones (teen and restorative yoga teacher)
- NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, 25th-26th Feb 2017 (2 day)
Yoga and Cystic Fibrosis Workshop
- Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital, 21st Jan 2017 (1 day)
In recent years I have presented at the following conferences:
UK Cystic Fibrosis Conference, 2016
- Physiotherapy and CF: alternative approaches
Royal Society of Medicine annual Exercise Medicine conference, 2016
- 'FIT-TECH: The future of exercise?'
Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Cystic Fibrosis, 2016
- 'Cystic Fibrosis and Yoga'
Scottish CF Exchange, 2015
- 'Cystic Fibrosis and Yoga: case studies'
European Cystic Fibrosis Conference, 2015
- 'Yoga - the evidence base, practicalities and adaptations for treatment of thoracic kyphosis' - Presented at the IPG pre conference course 'Beyond the lungs - Musculoskeletal dysfunction in CF.'
North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference, 2014
- 'Developing the Physical Therapists and Respiratory Therapists Skills to Support Treatment Adherence' - Organised and Presented a half-day Short Course with Kristin Riekert
- 'Yoga for the management of thoracic kyphosis and low back pain in adults with CF' - Presented in the Physical Therapists Caregivers session 'Alternative Exercise Therapies in CF: Yoga, Pilates and Strengthening.'
North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference, 2013
- 'A Biopsychosocial approach to managing non-adherence in an adult with CF: A Physiotherapists perspective' - Presented in the Physical Therapists and Respiratory Therapists Clinical Case Presentations session.
If you would like to contact me to arrange a training session please email me. I really do relish the opportunity to share knowledge and am happy to deliver a theoretical session or practical training workshop on adherence or yoga.